Maybe its the power of marketing, but Valentine’s Day and truffles go hand in hand for me. There’s something absolutely romantic about rich, velvety chocolate that melts in your mouth. Satisfying even the strongest of cravings, these truffles are just decadent. Being the bite sized treats that they are, truffles also make great gifts. Since you make so many of them at once, throw a few together into a small gift bag or box for all of your valentines! With minimal prep, though overnight chilling is required, this is one of those gifts that look and taste amazing without slaving away on your end. Click through for the recipe & some gift wrapping inspiration!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 16oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of whipping cream
WHAT YOU DO
- Heat the heavy whipping cream on low-medium heat until it just reaches a boil
- Take the cream off heat and immediately stir in chocolate chips until mixture is no longer lumpy
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into truffle-sized balls. Chill the balls for another hour or two.
- Roll the balls in the cocoa powder for coating
- Chill until you give away or until serving
How do you guys celebrate Valentine’s day with your friends and family? Share in the comments below!